Today, with the easy availability of housing loans, with better and competitive professional services, with innumerable building materials and products in the market and with ample information on the net, house construction in India seems like a walk in the park!
But in reality, constructing a house in India or anywhere for that matter can pose its own challenges in terms of varying cost, lack of knowledge, risks involved etc.
Construction is a science and has been practised for ages but it is one aspect that is not documented well enough. In this blog I, a Bangalore based architect want to share with you some invaluable tips, ideas and advice from the experience that I have acquired. I hope to clear all your doubts and misconceptions and make the process of construction interesting, smooth, hassle free and enjoyable.
- He collects a lot of information on buildings from the net and from the frequent exhibitions on Building products and Materials, Interiors, etc
- He consults people and relatives who have already constructed houses on their experience,
- He seeks advice from them on the best type of building Contract
- He asks them for referrals of Contractors
- and most surely, he wants to know where he can get a plan without having to shell out too much money.
STEPS DURING HOUSE CONSTRUCTION:
In this blog, I would like to take you through the process of house construction in India, step by step. Ideally, a person embarking on the process of House construction should take the following steps:
- PREPARING THE PROJECT BRIEF
- VAASTU PLAN
- CHOOSING AN ARCHITECT
- SELECTING A CONTRACTOR
- PLAN APPROVAL